Braised Bok Choy
1 tablespoon unhulled sesame seeds
8 baby bok choy or 3 regular bok choy
1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos or low sodium soy sauce
2 cups coarsely chopped shiitake mushrooms
2 large cloves garlic, chopped, optional
- Lightly toast sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat for 3 minutes, shaking pan frequently. Set aside.
- Cut baby bok choy in half lengthwise or cut regular bok choy into chunks.
- Cover the bottom of large skillet with 1/2 inch water.
- Add bok choy; drizzle with liquid aminos.
- Cover and cook on high heat until bok choy is tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove bok choy and add mushrooms and garlic to the liquid in the pan.
- Simmer liquid until reduced to a glaze.
- Pour over bok choy; top with toasted sesame seeds.
This blog uses the latest nutritional data available from the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), and the FDA (United States Food and Drug Administration), as well as nutritional data provided by food growers and manufacturers about their products. We believe the information on this website to be accurate. However, we are not responsible for typographical or other errors. Nutrition information for recipes is calculated by Living Cookbook based on the ingredients in each recipe based on statistical averages. Nutrition may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
This blog is not a substitute for the services of a trained health professional. Although we provide nutritional information, the information on this blog is for informational purposes only. No information offered by or through this blog shall be construed as or understood to be medical advice or care. None of the information on this blog should be used to diagnose or treat any health problem or disease. Consult with a health care provider before taking any product or using any information on this blog. Please discuss any concerns with your health care provider.